ORDERS AND DECORATIONS OF POLAND|
People's Republic of Poland 1944-1989
(Click here to see updates)
(Odznaka 30-lecia Polskiego Sadownictwa)
Instituted by the Minister of Justice on December 31, 1947, to commemorate the 30th anniversary of judicial bodies after regaining of independence. Eligible all individuals who had worked in judicial bodies between 1917 and 1947. Probably for political reasons this decoration was never awarded though.
Badge: bronze medal, 30 mm in diameter. Obverse: a figure of sitting goddess Temida with scales and a wreath with the Roman numeral XXX inside, and a shield with an eagle next to her. Reverse: a four-line inscription 1 IX / 1917 / 1 IX / 1947 circumscribed ZA NIEPRZERWANA XXX LETNIA SLUZBE : W WYMIARZE SPRAWIEDLIWOSCI (for continuous 30 year service in judicial bodies).
Ribbon: 33 mm, green-violet-green, with the colors separated by black pinstripes.
(Odznaka "Budowniczy Huty im. Lenina")
Instituted by the Government on October 23, 1956 to commemorate the completion of the Lenin Steelworks in Nowa Huta by Cracow, one of the biggest industrial enterprises of the 1950s. Conferred to the individuals who had participated in the construction of the steelworks.
Badge: silver round plaque, 31 mm in diameter, in the form of a gearwheel, The central medallion, depicting the plant is surrounded by a ring, partially red enameled and inscribed 1949-1956 : BUDOWNICZY HUTY LENINA (builder of the Lenin Steelworks). The reversre is blank.
Suspension: metal bar, adorned with oak leaves, linked to the badge with two chains. On the reverse there is a mounting pin.
(Odznaka "Budowniczy Huty Katowice")
Instituted by the Government on April 4, 1975 to commemorate the completion of the Katowice Steelworks, one of the biggest industrial enterprises of the 1970s. Conferred to the individuals who had participated in the construction of the steelworks.
Badge: silver round plaque, 26 mm in diameter, in the form of a gearwheel, The central medallion, depicts the coat of arms of the City of Katowice, with a stylized letter B above, all on brick like background. The medallion is surrounded by a ring inscribed BUDOWNICZY HUTY KATOWICE. The reverse bears the following inscription NADANA / PRZEZ / MINISTRA / BUDOWNICTWA / I PRZEMYSLU / MATERIALOW / BUDOWLANYCH (conferred by Minister of Construction and Construction Materials).
Suspension: silver trapezium with a brick like-surface and a mounting pin on reverse.
(Odznaka "400 Lat Poczty Polskiej")
Instituted by decision of the Government of September 12, 1958 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of establishing regular postal services in Poland. Conferred to workers of Polish Postal Service in recognition of their work.
Badge: stylized gilt 10-pointed star, 25 mm in diameter. In the central medallion there is a postal horn on red background, surrounded by a white ring, inscribed 400 LAT POCZTY POLSKIEJ : 1558-1958. The reverse is blank.
Suspension: blue enameled metal bar 23 x 5 mm, with two black enameled lightnings and a mounting pin on reverse.